I’m posting this a bit late but it’s an open course so you can join anytime. This is a full, 16 week course for the Chemistry of Beer offered by OU. It will covered some advanced chemistry however the professor has said the course was designed with the assumption that many people taking it may have a limited chemistry knowledge.
If you’re chemistry isn’t up to par but you’d still like to take the course here are a few suggested (FREE) resources others have compiled to brush up on your knowledge.
- General Chemistry – Another OU open course from the same professor. Sign up for Janux (their online portal) then find this course under “Library”.
- Hydrocarbon Power! – Crash Course Chemistry #40 – 11 minute video presentation.
- Khan Academy Chemistry Lectures
- Khan Academy Organic Chemistry Lectures
- Crash Course YouTube Channel – Several Chemistry and Biology related video courses available
I hope this course isn’t over my head! It’s been a long time since I’ve had to get very technical with chemistry. It does sound like the professor realizes he may have a lot of people in the course that are basic homebrewers with limited knowledge so hopefully we’ll be good to go.